Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves

So lately I haven't been reading as often, but the last book I read was Slice Of Cherry by Dia Reeves. This book centers around two girls, following in the footsteps of their killer of a father, otherwise known as The Bonesaw Killer. There's a twist though: they only kill those who are causing harm to others. this entire book is set in a fantasy town with monsters and other creepy and twisted things.

This book reminded me of what I had heard about the television show Dexter. I haven't actually watched the show, but it's the same idea: person kills bad guys. The writing was decent, and the plot was extremely original. It was pretty unpredictable, though I could kind of predict how the ending was going to go once I got somewhat far into the book.

 Before reading this book, I heard some pretty mixed reviews about the story. Some thought it was confusing, or not a very good read. Others loved the book, and raved about how great it was. I can honestly say, I loved every little bit of this book. It's probably one of my new favorites.


No comments:

Post a Comment